Nok Air signs long-term agreements with Saber and Radixx
Thai airline Nok Air has announced new long-term strategic agreements with Saber and its subsidiary Radixx, to support the evolution of the carrier’s new business strategy. Nok Air has selected an extensive line of Saber and Radixx products to expand distribution and revenue generation opportunities. The agreements support the carrier’s repositioning to serve its growing customer base of high-end travelers and value-based customer segments. Saber and Radixx products will fuel the future evolution of the business model as Nok Air expands its international operations, develops new partnerships with airlines and explores other technical capabilities and innovations beyond today.
Radixx will provide a fully integrated passenger service system for Nok Air that covers reservations, inventory, pricing, e-commerce, agency distribution, departure control, load control, loyalty and other related capabilities. At the same time, as part of a new Saber distribution agreement, Nok Air will distribute its air content in the global Saber travel market, opening the door to new international markets and developing its domestic Thai market on the global distribution system. Saber (GDS).
“We have ambitious business expansion plans including launching new domestic and international routes, restructuring our fleet and adding new aircraft as we move selected segments to premium service to reflect our quality service, ”said Wutthiphum Jurangkool Ph.D., CEO of Nok Air. “It was therefore imperative for us to choose the right technological partner to support us in all our objectives of streamlining our operations, improving efficiency and opening up new revenue opportunities and new markets while improving the experience of our travelers. “
The carrier, which operates out of Bangkok’s Don Mueang International Airport, will use the following Saber and Radixx products when Thailand reopens to vaccinated international travelers:
- Radixx Res – Radixx’s core passenger system will allow Nok Air to manage all passenger operations and sales channels to expand distribution channels and partnerships.
- Radixx Go and Radixx Go Touch – new digital capabilities to evolve Nok Air check-in operations at airports, improve customer service and enable additional ancillary revenue generation opportunities through airport touchpoints. Radixx Go Touch enables airline employees to perform comprehensive airport departure control operations from a mobile device, allowing flexibility over the constraints of airport offices and physical counters.
- Radixx ezyCommerce – an integrated e-commerce and mobile solution to power Nok Air’s business-to-business relationships for passengers and business-to-business channels for travel agents and businesses.
- Radixx Loyalty – New capabilities will allow Nok Air to strengthen its Nok Air Fan Club offering, including enhanced online service, automation and redemption options for members.
- Radixx Insight – Valuable business data and analytics to enable better decision making, while feeding the airline’s internal back office systems.
- Saber Global Distribution System – to enable expansion into new global markets, ensuring its tariffs have the widest possible distribution.
Chris Collins, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Radixx, said: “We are delighted to further expand our footprint in APAC while opening access to new markets and global segments for Nok Air as well as providing new digital capabilities for the carrier, creating additional revenue generation opportunities and ultimately enabling Nok to create enhanced experiences for travelers at all touchpoints.
“At Saber, we are developing our strategic plans to create our own growth catalysts, so we are delighted to be able to support Nok Air on its own transformation journey,” added Rakesh Narayanan, vice president, regional general manager, Asia Pacific . , Travel Solutions Airline Sales, Saber. “Our new dual-deal alliance with Nok Air, incorporating both PSS and GDS solutions, is the perfect example of how Saber and Radixx are able to combine synergistic technology offerings to create effective end-to-end solutions. and innovative for airlines of all sizes. and cost models.
For any editorial request, contact:
Editor Matt Driskill at [email protected]
For advertising inquiries, contact:
Sales Manager Kay Rolland at [email protected]