Mother’s Day Tech Buying Tips for GrandPad Senior Moms and Grandmas
Inspired by moms and designed with the needs of people over 75 in mind, GrandPad makes connecting easier and more affordable with special Mother’s Day savings thanks to May 8
MINNEAPOLIS, April 27, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Time is running out to find the perfect gift for mom, grandma or the elderly mother in your life. Fortunately, GrandPad has you covered. The purpose-built GrandPad tablet, born out of a family’s struggles trying to keep in touch with their aging mother and grandmother, is now used to connect more than 1.4 million people – including people older people with their families, friends and carers – in 120 countries. As COVID, rising gas prices, and time constraints continue to make travel difficult, GrandPad enables families to celebrate mom every day with a proven, affordable device and service model, as well as special savings for Mother’s Day.
Act now to save $100. By May 8families shopping for Mother’s Day can receive $100 on a new annual GrandPad subscription. In addition to the discounted prices, anyone who purchases a GrandPad subscription for Mother’s Day by visiting GrandPad.net or calling 1-888-904-4723, will receive a second hands-free charging pad at no cost.
Tech Buying Tips for Seniors
When buying technology for elderly loved ones, GrandPad experts recommend solutions that offer the following features:
- Built-in 4G LTE data to ensure a reliable connection anytime, anywhere. This ensures a reliable connection, as many people over the age of 75 do not have home internet, and those who live in assisted living facilities or skilled nursing facilities have limited or limited Wi-Fi. patchy and often need help from staff to access the network. GrandPad comes with 4G LTE built into every device, with no additional fees or contracts required. This means mom or grandma can connect with their family, show off their latest photos, and play games at home or on the go.
- Protection against unwanted calls, scams and phishing attempts. Fraud against seniors has increased significantly since the onset of COVID-19, largely due to the overall increase in online activity. GrandPad features a unique closed network for greater security. This means that no one outside of the individual’s “circle of trust” can contact a GrandPad user. However, GrandPad user can freely make calls or send emails and SMS. Moreover, the built-in private social network protects users from social media traps.
- 24/7/365 personalized customer service. At any time, day or night, the GrandPad user can press the red “help” button on their GrandPad and they will be connected directly to an expert GrandPad advisor within seconds. No 800 numbers, phone VRUs, online chat, or emailing customer service for help. A simple press of the “help” button and the user is connected in a few seconds to a GrandPad agent.
- Easy-to-use puzzle apps and games at no extra cost. GrandPad offers easy-to-use group video calls; Voice-enabled SMS and email for people who have difficulty typing or using a touchscreen; secure sharing of family photos and videos; and over 15 engaging brain games that promote cognitive health and fun.
- Ergonomically designed for people with dexterity issues. Devices that ship with multiple cords, small charging ports, and complicated packaging can cause frustration for people with arthritis, tremors, or dexterity issues. GrandPad is ready to use, right out of the box, with no configuration required. It features an ergonomic design and improved front-facing speakers and camera. Plus, a hands-free charging cradle means mom or grandma won’t have to struggle with little cords and plug-ins.
To learn more about GrandPad and take advantage of special Mother’s Day pricing, visit GrandPad.net.
Situated at Minneapolis, GrandPad is a digital health company that develops engagement solutions to improve the health and well-being of older adults by reconnecting them to their families, friends and caregivers through safe, reliable and easy-to-use technology. The GrandPad tablet specifically designed for people over 75 – the first mobile device of its kind – solves usability, security and connectivity issues that are often barriers to integrating remote monitoring and telehealth in professional and family care environments. The company’s secure cloud platform with integrated LTE and web applications enables care teams and family members to remotely engage with seniors without relying on WiFi connectivity. GrandPad enables a variety of interactions, including video calling, sharing essential care-related emails and messages, and conducting multi-party care video conferences between family members and the caregiver continuum. a patient. For professional caregivers, GrandPad offers connected device functionality that supports enhanced telehealth and remote monitoring services provided by a growing number of home healthcare organizations. To learn more, visit GrandPad.net or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @GrandPad_social.
Media contact: Barbara TaborApril 651.230.9192 [email protected]
Barbara Taborgrandfather, 6512309192, [email protected]