e download of the shram card e shram portal online registration request Migrant workers
New Delhi: Migrant workers can now enjoy social security benefits like accident insurance and employment-based schemes by registering on the e-Shram portal and downloading the e-Shram card, the ministry said. Labor and Employment in a press release. Since its launch on August 26 this year, more than one crore of non-union workers have registered on the e-Shram portal, the central government said.Also Read – Dipika Kakar Gives Wild Response When Asked If The Reports She Is Pregnant Are True
“An overwhelming proportion of migrant workers are engaged in these work sectors. According to the 2019-20 Economic Survey, there are around 38 crore of unorganized workers (UW) in the country, which would be targeted to register on this portal. These migrant workers can now also benefit from various social security and employment schemes by registering on the e-Shram portal, ”the Ministry of Labor and Employment said in a statement. Also Read – 2021 Andhra Pradesh Local Body Election Results: Jagan Reddy’s YSRCP Scores Landslide Victory, Wins 502 of 515 ZPTC
- Migrant workers should remember that the e-Shram card received after check-in will be accepted nationwide.
- They are eligible for accident insurance coverage through Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Migrant workers and their families can benefit from Rs 2 lakh in case of accidental death and permanent disability.
- Apart from that, there is Rs 1 lakh for partial disability.
- It should be noted that social security benefits will be paid through the e-Shram portal.
- Migrant workers must register on the e-Shram portal – http://eshram.gov.in.
- Registration on the e-SHRAM portal can be done through self-registration, Common Service Centers (CSCs) and regional state government offices.
- In case migrant workers face a problem during check-in, call the helpline number – 14434.
Also Read – Weekly Stock Market Report: September 20-26, Get This Week’s Stock Market Update, Invest Safely