Amazon’s shopping hack lets you send gifts in a sneaky way – without an address
Have you ever wanted to ship a, but you don’t have their mailing address handy? A for Members Prime eliminates the guesswork, sleuths, and awkward, surprising conversations of asking for a friend or loved one’s address when sending a stealth gift.
We love this idea, especially as the holidays approach and with them the opportunities to send smaller gifts to coworkers or family or friends who may have moved and who you haven’t. do not have the address on file. Amazon says the new feature should now roll out to the majority of Amazon Prime customers, but there are a few pitfalls you’ll want to know before you start – so read on.
Amazon also launched its ““vacation deals. You can check out all today’s discounts in the Epic Deals section of Amazon’s website or mobile app, or by asking your device Alexa, like a or the Amazon mobile app, “Alexa, what are my offers? »(Here is another .)
Are there limits to sending Amazon gifts without an address?
Yes, here are the pieces of the puzzle needed to make this handy shopping hack work. You have to:
- Be an Amazon Prime member.
- Have the recipient’s email address or cell phone number.
- Use the mobile app to send the gift without a specific delivery address. (The new shopping feature will not work with Amazon.com, only the mobile app.)
- Ship and receive the gift to the continental United States – sorry, Hawaii and Alaska.
Important note: Note that each gift itself is eligible. For example, we couldn’t send the baby clothes we had chosen for our colleague’s newborn this way, but we could select a pair ofto be sent to a recipient without a physical address in hand.
How does the new Amazon Prime gift option work?
We’ll share more details in the step by step below, but in general, as a gift giver, all you need to do is send a gift receipt and select the new delivery option. The recipient will then be notified to accept the gift by providing their address. If they decide not to accept the gift, they can redeem it for an Amazon Gift Card. Amazon says it won’t tell the person who picked the gift if the recipient chooses a gift card instead.
How to send a gift on Amazon without knowing the recipient’s address
If you just picked a gift for a family member or friend on Amazon, here’s how you can text or email it to them:
1. Add the gift to your cart using the Amazon mobile app.
2. Faucet Add a gift receipt for easy returns then press Proceed to checkout.
3. Once at checkout, select the option to Let the recipient provide their address and press To continue.
4. Enter the recipient’s phone number or email address. This is where you can also add a personalized message sent with your gift. You can also select the gift wrap at this point. (Note that this usually costs an additional $ 5 for an Amazon gift bag.)
5. Place your order by clicking To continue. The recipient will then be informed and invited to accept the gift.
How to accept an Amazon gift
If you received a gift through Amazon, here’s how to accept it (or get a gift card instead):
1. Click on the SMS or email notification from Amazon and tap View and accept your gift.
2. Tap your gift to unwrap it and watch an animation of your revealed gift.
3. Once you have virtually unwrapped your gift, you can choose to Accept and provide an address Where Redeem for an Amazon Gift Card.
4. If you choose to accept the gift, you will be prompted for your shipping address. After entering your address, tap deliver to this address then Accept the gift.
5. Amazon will then send your gift to you with free Prime shipping.
To learn more, check out thisand .